This post is specifically aimed to my trifectan friends, I just entered this writing community few weeks ago. Since I participated in few Trifecta challenges(actually mostly Trifextra challenges 🙂 ), I decided it is about time to answer some introduction questions, in case people wants to know a bit more about me.
Few words about me – I am 30 years old(soon to be 31). I’m a single mum of a beautiful mixed race boy. I live in a small town in the centre of Bulgaria, before that I lived in Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain. Right now I work in a company that organises birdwatching and wildlife photography tours. I am not a native English speaker, my native language is Bulgarian, as I am Bulgarian as well. I also speak Spanish, but I’ve learned it from the street, I lack grammar skills to use it for writing. I mostly write poetry and it’s mostly in Bulgarian but for the last one year I am trying myself in writing also in English. I don’t believe it’s very succesfull until now, but I am still trying 🙂 Here are my answers to the direct questions.
- What is your name (real or otherwise)? – My real name is Sabina, but in internet I am also known as Rois, Julliane and few other names.
- Describe your writing style in three words. – Amateur, chaotic, simple.
- How long have you been writing online? – I am publishing online my poetry already for five years, I started to publish other stuff in my blog about two years ago.
- Which, if any, other writing challenges do you participate in? – I used to participate in a poetry challenge called Noetry, it was about writing poetry in the way you want, not following any established rules, unfortunatelly the author of it has deleted it from its blog, but here are my entries in the challenge.
- Describe one way in which you could improve your writing. – If it’s about writing in English – I must simply learn more words, my dictionary is not full enough. If it’s about writing in Bulgarian – I go to a different extremes – once I am too lost in describing, other times it’s more like sketch, I want to find the happy medium.
- What is the best writing advice you’ve ever been given? – To write about things that I am interested in, not about things that I believe the reader will be interested in.
- Who is your favorite author? – English – Stephen King and Jerome Jerome. Bulgarian – Hristo Kalchev, Anton Donchev and Hristo Smirnenski.
- How do you make time to write? – I don’t sleep a lot 🙂 . Daytime I try to balance between work and being a single mum, so night is my private time, it’s when I do what I like.
- Give us one word we should consider using as a prompt. Remember–it must have a third definition. – You’ve probably used them already, but – love or charm.
- Direct us to one blog post of yours that we shouldn’t miss reading. – It’s my work in English that I like most – Say it.